When you register at TGlife.com you'll have one login. However, you will also have several profiles as follows:
Magazine: In the upper right corner of the site, the black box with the two people Icon provides access to your writer profile. Every member has a writer profile, which allows for a photo, short bio, and link that will appear below any magazine content your write. All members have access to post (under Columns) to the Member Blogs. Also, in the magazine section, you can also post to Essays, Fiction, True Stories and Poetry. Columnists will have access to these plus their respective columns.
When you click the profile Icon (in the upper right of the site) you will see the following:
- Writer Name
- Writer photo
- My Writer Page (goes to that profile page with any associated posts listed below)
- Edit Writer Page (this is where you can edit what appears in the box below any post you make to the Blogs, Essays, Poetry, Fiction and/or True Stories pages.
- My Community profile (linksto your profile in the Community, which can have a differfent summary)
- Edit Community profile
Community: Your community profile is the one that will appear on the right side of the main page when you login. There will also be a list of quick links directly into the Community section below your photo. You can edit this profile from the Icon noted above, or from within the community pages. In the Community you will see another menu lower on the page, and simply hover on the menu item Profile and click Edit. Your Community profile is associated with:
- photo galleries (in the Community, not the magazine),
- video galleries,
- activity stream
Forum: You can access the frum using your universal login, but it too has a seaparate profile.
How To Post on TGlife.com
Posting to the Magazine and Blogs -- To follow are the fields and instructions:
- Title (insert title)
- Alias (leave blank)
- Category (choose from the drop down)
- Tags (there are many already so type the first word and select from the list, or create a new one in broad terms)
- Published and Featured (leave both -- I'll publish after review)
- Text box -- paste the content there. Try to write an intro few sentences. After that click the READ MORE button; next to last on right of 2nd row of the tool bar).If you want to add images in the article, click the Image Insert/Edit Icon (3rd from right last row of tool bar, no larger that 400 high, if using several 250 high)
- Header Image (if you have a header photos 750 x approx 350-400) click the Image tab above the tool bar and upload. If not I'll add one)
Save and Close (on the very top)
- Byline -- you need not insert your name as that and the link to your page will be done automatically. Though if you wnt to add Follow Nix on Facebook (or anywhere else) you can add that with a link at the end of the article.
For further assistance, please review the FAQs, or contact us.